The year 2023, so far, has been very eventful for me. We are back to conducting onsite training events, and traveling.
Influenced by the different activities we have engaged ourselves in this year, plenty of ideas have been conceived. These ideas have been brought about by these recent realizations I have:
- I have come to the conclusion that home is indeed a feeling. At first I thought that we’d be missing our house so much since we’d been gone for a long period of time. However, we have not really felt the level of homesickness that we expected. I realized later on that it could be because my spouse and I are together here, along with our fur baby. Besides that, we also got to visit many of our relatives. We feel at home here even when we are physically away from home. Thus, I conclude that home is a feeling and not merely a place.
- I have also been reminded that time is a gift we can only hope to have more of. In the period of time we have spent here in Manila, we have experienced circumstances that made us realize how important time is. Putting off tasks or other activities next time could sometimes lead to regrets because sometimes the next opportunity would no longer come.
- My belief on relationships thriving if nurtured has been cemented. There are relationships that we built and there are those that we are automatically gifted with when we were born. Yet, any kind of relationship could only survive and bloom when we take care of it, and put an effort to maintain it.
- It is never too late to start anew. Age does not matter when we want to start a new journey in life. We should not be limited to the standards of society about starting again. We can decide to change addresses or change careers if that is what we believe is the best path for us.
- You will never know until you try. Regardless of the outcome, it is always better to try than to be left with a series of what-ifs in the future.
These are just random thoughts that I relate to a lot these days. How about you? Do you have any thoughts or realizations you feel like sharing?