I have always heard people say that life is hard. For me, life is easy, but living is hard. There are different reasons as to why I say that life and living are such. From childhood until now, I have encountered varying difficult situations that I deem very challenging and disheartening.
These circumstances, however, helped me to transform into a stronger person. I overcame each difficulty by allowing the lessons that the different people of my life taught me to guide me. Throughout my life, I have acquired great opportunities of learning from these people. Here are the top eight lessons I value that led me to live my life the way I do now:
- Always do your best in everything you do. If you perform each task at 100% level and consider every single day as your last day here on earth, no matter what you do, you can guarantee that you’re doing things excellently. Even when you fail, you will feel less disappointed because you know that you have done your very best. There will be no regrets or what-ifs at the end of the day.
- Never forget the people who influenced and helped you to be where you are in life. You can only indeed be happy with your achievements when you give credits to the people who aided you in reaching your goals. There’s no such thing as self-made success. We succeed because of the help of other people.
- Give and help without hesitation. Giving will not make you have less; instead, it will fill your heart with a sense of fulfillment and happiness. No matter what ideas, things, support, care, time, or how much or how little you can give, you always have the power to touch the lives of other people, and you can influence them in ways possible.
- You can’t please everyone. Whatever good things you do, there are always people who don’t agree or appreciate your ideas, opinions, or efforts. Therefore, avoid getting affected by negative comments or criticisms about you, and focus your energy on people who love to support you.
- Do not be ashamed of having weaknesses. No human being is perfect. Instead of sulking about it, embrace it and focus on turning that weakness into a strength. Use it as your testimony someday to inspire people.
- Self-discipline is a must. Without discipline, you will acquire nothing you dream of achieving. The knowledge and skills you have can only be put to good use when you have the self-discipline to use them consistently.
- Be responsible for your life. Instead of blaming people or circumstances for your misfortune, work on alleviating yourself from the difficulty you are experiencing. Remember, your results come from your own decisions and actions.
- Always be a learner and an action taker. We all know that life is a never-ending process. The more you learn, the more you realize that there are so many things you do not know. Therefore, the more you learn, the more you will grow. When you learn, make sure to apply the lessons and maximize them to fulfill your mission here on earth.
Living by these lessons, I experience a lesser surge of negative emotions. I can appreciate the beauty of life and the different experiences in it. Life is not perfect, but you can make it an incredible journey. Embrace and apply the lessons that life wants to teach you.
What lessons do you value in your life? Please feel free to share in the comment section below.