Many people would agree that this year is the most challenging one so far because of the fear and uncertainty caused by the pandemic. Despite the hardships and pain that it brought to most of us, we all did our best to survive and thrive. We did our best to move forward by finding alternative ways to make things work even if it means trying something new and uncomfortable. A few more days and the year 2020 will finally come to an end. We are all hopeful and looking forward to the new year, but before we welcome it, here are things we should do first:
- Write a gratitude list. Despite the challenges we faced this year, we surely have a lot to be grateful for. To be reminded of our blessings, we have to count them and write them down. Before this year ends, we need to have a gratitude list.
- Assess our 2020 results. Another important thing to do before the year ends is to check the status of our relationships, finances, health, and other important aspects of life. Are we happy about our health or lifestyle? Are we still connected with our family and friends? Did we spend more than what is necessary? These are important questions we need to ask ourselves to assess if we got the results that we desire.
- Make a list of all the things we have achieved this year. Aside from taking note of our blessings, it will also help us feel motivated to face the new year if we list all our achievements, may it be big or small.
- Thank the people who made a positive impact on our life. We should reach out to all the people who helped us get through the year in any way. Expressing our gratitude to them is our way to help them realize their achievements this year as well. Let us be one of the reasons they could still appreciate the year that was.
- Know the reasons why we have not achieved our other goals. When the year started, we might have set goals that became impossible to see through because of the global crisis we experienced. We should list those goals down and specify the reasons why those were not materialized. This piece of information will help us plan better for the new year.
Nobody might have expected this year to turn out this way, but it gave us a lot of lessons and made us stronger, more resilient, and more resourceful. It brought out the best in many people, and it was a year of enlightenment. It is only fitting that we end it the right way so that all that we have learned will be applied in the next year.
What do you think about these?