Personality Traits I Developed Because of My Passion
It is a well-known fact that passion is energy. In other words, passion brings out the energy from the inside of an individual. More personality traits are developed because of the energy that passion unleashes from a person. The characteristics developed in each person vary depending on what they are passionate about.
Such is my realization when reflecting on the person I have become. I realized that because of my passion for my mission in life, I developed the following personality traits:
- Courageous/Confident. My confidence was not at its peak, given past circumstances that hindered my ability to develop my knowledge and skills and reach my full potential as a student. So, how did I suddenly develop it? As I matured, I understood that it would not be possible for me to achieve my goal in life if I kept myself on the sidelines and waited for luck. The passion in my heart to pursue excellence was like a niggling feeling that seemed to be unending unless I took action. Because of it, I developed the courage to pursue my dream. Because of that courage, I employed ways to become a better version of myself and muster confidence.
- Optimistic/Enthusiastic. I am primarily positive in my thoughts and actions with passion within me. I find that I am not easily discouraged by untoward happenings or undesirable conditions. Instead, I look at problems as opportunities to hone my thinking skills and other abilities, which would serve me well in my quest for excellence. My optimism is evident in my enthusiasm to overcome my challenges.
- Resilient/Adaptable. As one of the results of my optimism, I have developed resilience. When afflicted with difficulties, I would stand up right away and continue my journey even when subjected to new conditions. I believe that my passion keeps me patient and accepting of whatever situations as long as I fulfill my mission.
- Creative/Innovative. If I were not passionate, I would just easily give up on my journey when there are obstacles along the way. But because of it, I developed creativity and innovativeness that enabled me to find ways through or around the challenges presented to me.
- Risk-Taker/Adventurous. Yes, I developed an adventurous spirit and became a risk-taker because of my passion. Knowing that I could not grow to the fullest if I stayed in my comfort zone, I decided to go all out and invest my resources to learn and develop myself.
Every time I look back, I am always amazed by how far my passion took me. It defeated my inadequacies, insecurities, and wrong beliefs and led me to the path of success. I think it is safe to say that anyone can do anything with passion. Do you agree?
(Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels)